October 31, 2012

Defying Gravity!! 31/31

I know I owe you one more post, but I know you're a forgiving lot.  Hannah and I are working on a post together, and we promise to get it up soon.

Today was a fun day!

We started with Pumpkin carving:


Hannah's punkin' skillz have improved in the past year!  I guess this is one way to assess fine motor proficiency.




But then we were interrupted with a gas leak in the attic (one of the furnaces is up there).  The Gasman helped me fix it up!  Free!  Yay!!!

So we continued on....Hannah did all the straight lines and I tidied up the details. Hannah really liked this Great Horned Owl.




Soooo...I forgot to tell Hannah to change our Jack O'Lantern's name.
She named him Horny.
Of course, that was the first thing out of her mouth when she walked into her art class this afternoon...

Way to go, Mom!



We scurried off to guitar lessons--Hannah's making progress!  Slow and steady, but she's picking up the tempo.   Soon we'll be able to give you a video of the rockin' Bird!

Quick dinner and out the door for trick or treats!

Hannah is Elphaba.  If you don't know who that is, Elphaba is the real name of the Witch of the West in the Broadway show "Wicked".

She's singing "Defying Gravity", her favorite song.

Here she's playing the part of the Wicked Witch of the West in the Wizard of Oz.  




She'll get your little dog, too! 


Watch out Dorothy!!!

A satisfied candy hoarder is now watching TV and consuming as much as she can.  Then the rest of us can forage when she goes to bed.

No comments: