January 30, 2011

Busy Bees

We've been so crazy busy here with Kate's visit!  It's all been fun, and we've got one week left before she heads back to Jordan.

It only took a good night's sleep before Kate was back on the harp.   We were all excited when everything came back to her (minus callouses on her fingers).


Last weekend we went to South Carolina to visit my parents.  Kate brought them some gifts from Jordan:

We also squeezed in a bowling party while we were there:

While Kate re-learns to drive, I take over ancillary duties with my Thighs of Technology!

Later, when we're back home, Hannah ate her peanut butter toast into a shape of a terrier.  (Another post needed to explain Hannah's new savant dog breed talent)

Playing dolls in a makeshift Bedouin tent...

Those-Are-Tasty Letter Pretzels (even Arabic letters too!)


Kate's good friend for 20+ years (yes, she is just 22) came to visit this weekend.

We had big Welcome Home party last night, with friends from Ohio, Maryland and points South--including Chris back home from school for the weekend!

An impromptu sing-along during the evening....

So I got to get my three kids together for the first time in 15 months!

 And yes, they are all still goofballs!

But I love love love them anyway...

5 comments:

Julia said...

Oh, happy, happy mama! So glad to see all those smiles.

Pallavi said...

Lovely Pics.. :)

Saw Egypt news on TV and thought about Kate. Is it safe to travel to Egypt at this time?
I hope by the time Kate has to leave for Egypt, things calm down.

Anonymous said...

Isn't nice to have everyone under one roof for a while!! Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Tracy said...

Looks like you all are having a great time and are making the most of the limited time together. I always love to read your posts. You always make me laugh. Cannot wait to read the post about the toast shapes!

Stephanie said...

I love these photos and videos. And also your family! You guys are terrific.