June 18, 2010

Forsook? Never!

Oh my dear blog readers, I have not forsaken thee!  We are alive and well, but...lazy, I suppose.

Our vacation was wonderful--restful, fun, delicious, silly and sandy.

Our favorite--Pelicans!   Looking at them now makes me melancholy with the continuing news of the oil spill disaster.


Hannah created Ariel from the Little Mermaid, complete with seaweed hair!


James was nearly devoured by a venus flytrap!

We had a great time--but missed having Kate with us.

Since we've been home Hannah had her piano recital.  She did a great job with her pieces, but  unfortunately the video is so dark it's not even worth showing you.  I do have some practice video that I'll post later.  

Chris has been preparing for his summer internship at a local hospital.  He's had a few hoops to jump through and finally will begin on Monday.  He'll be in the Neuroscience department, learning about the gamma knife and all sorts of things I don't understand.

We also enjoyed cool weather at our sweet little local zoo.  For a small zoo they have a pretty good variety of species.  The most interesting part is hand feeding the giraffes!  It's gross but interesting--slimy black tongues!


And they have a skyride for aerial views of the rhinos and zebras.


Hope your summer is off to a good start too!


4 comments:

Anne and Whitney: Up, Down and All Around said...

I love hannah's ariel on the beach - so creative!!!

Charissa said...

Oh my gosh, love the mermaid!!

Stephanie said...

Agree - cool mermaid. Nice photo of the four of you. Glad you had a nice vacation!

Melissa said...

Glad you had a great vacation and I love Ariel!