September 25, 2009

I've got a secret....


And I won't tell.



No.

Not even if you make me giggle.


My lips are sealed.


And I won't listen to you.


You can't make me spill the beans!



Well.



Maybe.



If you say "Pretty Please" and promise to buy me a chocolate milk shake.



Alright.



You win.



My secret is......



I've got a new smile!


My doctor said I was the best kid he had all day! I was worried a little bit, but it wasn't so bad! It only took 35 minutes, and it didn't hurt at all.

My lips and cheeks are a little tender now. But that just means I get to have more raspberry sherbet. Thank you very much.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome! And there's the start to an even more beautiful smile!!! ♥

Beth said...

Yay for being brave, Hannah!
I had braces in my 30's and complained way more than my son when he got his at 14. Apparently I was giant baby about it!
And 35 minutes? That seems really fast! Yay for that too, because I'm sure she was a little anxious about it. Who likes people messing around in their mouths for extended periods of time? Not me!

grammy em lee said...

Hannah, you can even change the color of the elastics on your brackets. Maybe you can have your favorite color. Fresh warm bagels are good also for the first hours after wire adj. Easy to chew and still has a little resistance to encourage the teeth to move.
Em Lee Laurie's grandmother

Mel said...

Well done you! Reminds me of when I had mine put on 3 days before Christmas...

Monica said...

Hope things are continuing to go well, Adam also did great having them put on, on Monday it was the next day that he was in a lot of pain and tears all day!! He really swelled up, thankfully the rest of the week has been much better, though he still will not even attempt to eat his favorite chicken nuggets. Lots of mashed potatoes and gravy, scrambled eggs, soup, and sherbet!!!!!!!!! Adam refuses to wear the wax even though everyone says it will help. It must be some kind of "sensation" thing for him, he says it feels like it tickles and he just hates it!!! I will be very interested on how things go for Hannah. Hope it continues to go so well for her!!

Heidi said...

Way to go Hannah! It sounds like you did so well!

Brandie said...

Beautiful smile! Good to hear everything went well.

Sheena said...

I had braces!!!

Beverly said...

Hannah you are so brave!