September 20, 2009

Back in time...

What a busy week! My mom, sister, nieces and nephew came to visit. We spent the week commuting to Colonial Williamsburg and Jamestown. Whew! I drove nearly 800 miles...that's crazy! But we all had a great time.

Hannah liked the Millinery shop, where she got to see some lovely gowns.

The Silversmith and the Wigmaker were also favorites.


We didn't have much trouble with the kids behavior once they had a taste of the stocks...

Hannah explored playing a harpsichord.

And we were all interested in the historic garden, from pathways and interesting plants....we learned that cotton is in the hibiscus family.

Mary didn't mind toting water from the well! Really!


Here is Stevie, a little revolutionist!


Maggie liked dipping candles.



And Hannah liked the shopping. Here, Mary and Maggie are choosing a doll for Hannah. Do you think it's a little large?

Chris was able to sneak away from college for a little fun too!


It was a great week, and we're all exhausted. It's hard to believe that tomorrow is the First Day of School! I think I can, I think I can, I think I can....

11 comments:

Sara P said...

looks like you all had a lot of fun:)

Wendy said...

I KNOW YOU CAN.... I KNOW YOU CAN!

Looks like you all had fun and you definitely had great weather!
I bet Chris was happy to see you. My girl is feeling a bit home sick and sad cause chief(her car) is dead!

Monica said...

What a fun place!! I love the first picture of Hannah!! She looks so grown up!

Good luck with school tomorrow!

Tina said...

Lovely pictures, Hannah seems to have enjoyed the trip, looks like everyone had a great time.

mauimom said...

Touting the water would get old after a few times, I am very happy not to be touting water as I would have to put Sylas in a front pack to do it. Imagine that.
It looks like you all had so much fun!

Anonymous said...

Oh what a great series of pics! I had to chuckle over the stocks photo! Eeek!

Sheena said...

What great pictures!!

Beverly said...

great photos

Natalie said...

It looks like you had such a great time!

Anna said...

What a fun time! I love the dolls......

Leslie said...

Fun photos! I have some that are similar - that I need to post. lol

Do you know how much that large doll cost? A friend asked - 10K!!! Can you believe it? I wish I had gotten one of the little ones. Oh well, maybe next time as I do want to go back!

Blessings
Leslie

PS I've had fun reading and catching up on your blog.