June 14, 2011

Odds and Ends

Wow.  I guess I totally haven't been writing anything lately, have I?   I was supposed to write a couple of posts while we were on vacation.  I actually wrote some of one of them, but it was so boring that I dumped it and thought I'd start fresh.  But I didn't. Yet.

And nary a beach photo did I share.   Humph, you say, and rightly so.    I shall at least remedy some of your suffering.





Annual Dairy Queen ritual....


This is actually Chris...

Team Pirate, performing during our Scaventure game!





Hoping for a prince!

Shirley Temple with FOUR cherries!


Baby nurse shark--the fisherman let Hannah throw it back into the water.  Pretty cool.


Mmmm.   That's North Carolina for you!

Shea (Hannah's BFF) was very creative with the nail polish!


My BFF, Roxanne




Vacation disappears so quickly!  We've been home for a little over a week, and we've already forgotten those sandy toes and seagulls.

We arrived home to eager doggies.  Hazel had an odd tumor removed from her leg a couple weeks before our trip (benign!).  She had a long recovery, and she finally was cleared by the vet just before we came home.   Our great house/pet sitter kept her happy and safe.

This past Friday was Hannah's piano recital.   I still have to download the video, so that will be another post.

Kate is down to six months left in the Peace Corps!  My parents are treating her to an escape vacation to Greece. The three of them are there right now! They've done Athens, and are currently in Thessaloniki.  Next up (Kate's choice): Naxos!

James surprised Hannah with tickets to go see the Imagination Movers (yes, she still does enjoy preschool music, which, in my worldview, is preferable to most of what other 13 year girls are listening to).   She has a crush on Rich.
He actually noticed the sign and he winked at her!


And Smitty gave her a High-5!


Just yesterday, Hannah finally braved sliding down the fire pole at the playground! When she was little she had a bit of an accident on one, and she's had a love/hate relationship with it since. Not anymore!

Today, we said goodbye to that long hair.   She had 6 inches cut off, and she's loving it!



My personal news of the week is that I was diagnosed with Lyme Disease.   I don't have many symptoms, so hopefully the medication will knock out what I do have. When I'm better I might have to have a Mojito party--limes for the Lymey!

8 comments:

Natalie said...

Funny--when I was looking at the beach pictures, I thought "look how long Hannah's hair is!". Flash forward to the end...

It looks like a great time was had by all!

Sabrina Steyling said...

Great post! Loved the photos, especially of the girls' creative manicures! Glad you had a great time! :)

The Lyme diagnosis is not so great, however, but like you said, hopefully the meds will take care of what symptoms are showing. I'll keep you and your family in my prayers.

JEllen said...

Great to hear from you with a super post. I think we are all just a tad too busy, but loving it:) Not liking the Lyme dx. Take care of yourself. Happy summer:)

Kate said...

that's my bird! Rich is cute, at least she has good taste!

Becca said...

Hannah is just soooo beautiful! Love her gorgeous hair!! Sounds like a great vacation...I'm itching to get to the beach!

Okay, so I have to know about your Lyme disease. My mom had it last year and got it treated and taken care of quickly. I just got a bite from a deer tick last week, and have no symptoms at this point - what did you notice first? Wondering if I should get tested in 5 more weeks, just to be proactive... Glad you're getting treated quickly!

Jan and Randy said...

Love the Movers at our house too. Hope you get that beastly lyme disease 'licked' soon! Glad you had a great vacation. We just got back from ours. Too tired to post pics right now too. That must be a sign of a good vacation.

Jan

Anna said...

I hope you are doing well and recovering. I was diag back in 2006 and it was a nightmare. so glad to see you posting again....

Kristi said...

So sorry to hear about Lyme's! Hope you knock it out soon. We love Oak Island, it's a nice, relaxed beach :).