September 25, 2010

Like, or No Like

Like: Getting halfway through facilitating a 2-day DVD seminar!  Yay for new therapists getting trained in Talktools therapy!!

No Like: Wrestling with getting pictures off my phone to post on my blog.  Fail.

Like:  This picture James sent from Missoula, Montana, where Grandma and Grandpa are entertaining both James and Hannah.  (Yes, I know, Hannah Montana.)



Like:  Five days/Four nights ALONE in my house!   The first time in 22 years!!

No Like:  Breaking a tooth the day after I got a new crown installed, requiring yet another crown.  I must be old.   That's 40% of my precious days partially spent with my dentist.

No Like:   The Tony Orlando and Dawn song that played on the radio at the dentist's office on BOTH DAYS I WAS THERE!!!   That's just bad juju.



(Meanwhile, I got distracted, wondering what ever happened to Tony Orlando.  Guess what?  He's living in Branson, MO.   And this is totally interesting--he has a busy performance schedule! Who'da thought?   I like this line on his Official Website Biography:  "No entertainer can move and excite an audience like Tony Orlando. One of America's most endearing and enduring stars, Tony and America recently celebrated the 30th anniversary of his recording of Tie A Yellow Ribbon 'Round The Ole Oak Tree."  ) (That website hasn't been updated in seven years!)

Like:  Hannah started her new Broadway Dance class last week!   She is taking dance at Central Virginia Dance Academy.  It's a bit far for us to commute, but it is totally worth it because Sheena is Hannah's instructor!  The girls in her class were very welcoming.   


No Like:   No rain here in at least a month.   And it was 99 degrees yesterday.

Like:  Soccer season started.

No Like:  Blogger is misbehaving and will not allow me to upload a soccer picture right now.  Bah! Moody Blogger!  

Like:  My friends Kim and Grace.   We call ourselves The KGB.  They are my sanity and my laughter.  And Kim is my massage therapist.  Ahhhh.....

Like AND No Like:  Catherine has posted to The Daily Lois with more details about the Butter Bean.  Our local Ds community is still reeling from the news, but we're already mobilizing a Bone Marrow Drive to get people to register.   All it takes is a cheek swab, and you could be on your way to saving a life!  Go here for more information.

I'd LOVE it if you'd pray for Lois.

P.S.  If you didn't get it, the KGB is Kim, Grace, and Beth.   I know some of you out there know I was interrogated by the Soviet KGB in the mid 80's....the new KGB does involve some interrogation, but mostly just fun.

2 comments:

Melissa said...

My marrow donation kit is on its way to me!

Natalie said...

Sending prayers for Lois!

And, I can't believe I'm saying this, but I could have told you were to find Tony Orlando....