November 24, 2009

The cutest toes


My friend Tracy found my blog months ago. We've corresponded and talked on the phone. She was pregnant with a baby boy with a prenatal diagnosis of Down syndrome. We've talked about those early mixed up feelings, about worries, joys and regular old baby stuff (plumbing, nursing, sleeping, choosing a name).

For some reason, she and her husband didn't take up my suggestion for a name for the little guy. I was trying to come up with a name that would give him character, one that would indicate how tough he really is going to be--a fighter. My name for him is Snake.

Go figure, they chose to name him William Leonidas--William for William Wallace (definitely a fighter), and Leonidas for a King of Sparta (a descendant of Heracles according to Greek mythology, who possessed much of Heracles' strength and bravery). How about that! What an amazing gift of a name!!

Here he is.

Wonderfully made!

Perfect, from toe to head.

Welcome sweet Snake! You did a good job picking out your mom and dad, sister and brother! We look forward to watching you and your family grow in love and joy!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh he's beautiful!!! Welcome to this big ole world, William! (AKA Snake for short!)♥

Charissa said...

Oh my!! What a sweetheart!!

Josette said...

I love it! He's precious.

Sue Mayer said...

He is absolutely perfect!! Welcome to the world Snake, ummm, William!

Beverly said...

Welcome William! He is so perfect and love those toes!

Jan and Randy said...

Welcome to this crazy world, Snake! How handsome you are!

Jan

Sheena said...

Beautiful baby!!

Lisa said...

He is incredibly adorable! Congratulations Tracy! And thanks for sharing him Beth.

mauimom said...

Oh how sweet! Beth, I am wondering why your own children have such non-"snake"-like names, or perhaps they have nicknames that I am unaware of!

rx said...

So precious!!!! I am glad to see these pix of him!