October 27, 2009
A year ago, I made a list of 21 Things About Hannah. Here's this year's version. I wrote this year's before reviewing last year's, and I've only got one overlap. Interesting that none of these have anything to do with that pesky extra 21st chromosome.
1. She has been known to stay in the bathtub for nearly 2 hours.
2. Nan was terrified of the dentist the first few times. After we excessively played pretend dentist, it became her favorite place to go.
3. She will now eat just about any food put in front of her. Within reason. (Sorry, buckwheat pancakes with blackstrap molasses aren't gonna cut it, Opa.) But she will always ask, hopefully, if noodles are on the menu.
4. She has donated to Locks of Love twice, and is planning on growing her hair out again.
5. Soccer is edging out baseball these days, though she still plays both.
6. Her room is usually a huge mess, but when coerced, she is really good at cleaning it thoroughly.
7. Her nicknames include: Birdie, Love, Nan, Nanabird, and Puddin'.
8. She LOVES to see stage productions.
9. She wants to be a veterinarian when she grows up. Or, move to Hollywood and become the piano accompanist for an ongoing production of The Sound of Music.
10. When she was born with severe pulmonary hypertension, she was given a 15% survival rate.
11. Peter Pevensie is her favorite character in the Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe. (not a bad choice in my opinion)
12. After independently sifting through 150 magnetic words, here are her favorites:
13. All time favorite: Watching videos. Second place: drawing/coloring.
14. She wants to visit Egypt.
15. She has a collection of teddy bears, but only one, Molasses, sleeps with her. Molasses has a best friend named "Oddy", who is an ostrich.
16. Guilty pleasure: Little Debbie's Zebra Cakes (ick ick ick says mommy)
17. She was my only kid who ever lost both front teeth at the same time. I took her directly to the photographer.
18. She likes to bake peanut butter cookies, especially to share with her brother.
19. I have heard, on rare occasions, Hannah matching pitch while singing.
20. There is nothing so satisfying as tossing pebbles into a puddle or pond.
21. The countdown to getting an electric guitar has begun. Less than 18 months away. Save us.