January 7, 2012

Hallmark Hall of Fame Movie-Special Needs

I'm terrifically excited about this new TV movie on ABC--January 29th at 9 p.m. !!!


It's a story about a Special Education teacher who wanted to take his class to Space Camp.  He knew that all the gifted classes could go, but none of the Special Ed classes could take such a field trip.   It's based on a true story.

And guess what?  One of Hannah's dear friends is in the movie!  If you've followed us over the years, you'll recognize Abby Corrigan in the movie.  Abby has a twin sister, Emma, who has Down syndrome. When the girls were preschoolers, their family produced the documentary film Emma's Gifts, which focused on how being different doesn't mean "less than".  Abby has grown into a fabulous and dynamic performer, and this is her first TV movie.

A Smile as Big of the Moon has a few actors that have cognitive disabilities, and some who are acting as individuals with disabilities.  Abby's character has bi-polar disorder and ADHD.  And there is a young man who has Down syndrome in the movie, so keep your eyes open!

(To see more of Emma and Abby, look at these posts.)

6 comments:

Sabrina Steyling said...

I can't wait to see this film! Not only is this an inspiring story, but I'm a huge fan of John Corbett, so... ^_^

Lori said...

How exciting!! Thanks for telling us about it! I don't watch TV so I would have missed it.

Monica Crumley said...

THanks for the heads up. May need a reminder when it gets closer ;-)

EDS Warrior said...

I hope it gets shown here in Australia - I would love to see it!!

To Love Endlessly said...

sounds like I need to put this on our calendar!

Michelle said...

Hope I remember to watch this - sounds interesting! And I'm a sucker for movies based on true stories!