March 3, 2010

It's that time of the year....

Girl Scout Cookies....

Love them and hate them.

I am not a good accountant. And I always seem to forget or misplace someone's order (sorry Jennifer C.!). I should put a forgiveness clause on the order form. The good news is that we still have a month to fix things if I screw them up.


Fortunately, Hannah is a little more motivated and organized than I am. So far she has sold 14 cases of cookies. That's much more manageable than the 38 she sold a couple years ago.

Hannah was ready--this year we made our tags early, and instead of torturing her to make 50 thank-you notes, we just copied them and cut them out. She was in charge of cutting, hole punching and the ribbons.

I copied the orders onto the back of the tags, and she filled the bags and tagged them.



I supervised and did quality assurance tests on the products. Who'd have guessed that Tagalongs are still the tastiest?


We knocked out more than half of the orders in 30 minutes.
Now to deliver them.

Now somebody put that kid to bed--it's 10 p.m. and I need to eat more cookies.

4 comments:

Wendy said...

It will be okay if you mess up my order......of course by messed up I mean add more!!

I am feeling like the "old" Cookie monster and I want me some tagalongs too!!

Sharon said...

It is biscuit selling time here too for Girl Guides in NZ. My oldest daughter and I are off to sell some boxes at a stall outside a store in the weekend.

To Love Endlessly said...

yum! I love Girl scout cookies. I bet that was great practice for cutting, hole punching, & ribbon"ing". haha Happy delivering. Wish we were on that list. ;-)

Stephanie said...

all that work would just make me too hungry. good idea on copying the tags!